Edible Cookie Dough
Who can resist the joy of this edible cookie dough? Luckily, this edible cookie dough recipe comes together in minutes to satisfy any craving.
- 2⅓ cup all purpose flour, heat treated (see instructions)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened and packed
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ¾ brown sugar, packed, dark or light
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips, miniature, semi-sweet
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, cream cheese and sugars until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add vanilla.
Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
To Heat Flour
Add flour to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the flour in two 30-second increments, stirring each time (avoids burning).
Spread flour on a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes at 350° F. Let cool completely.
- Omit salt if using salted butter.
- Flour must be cooled completely (after heat treating).
- Careful not to burn your flour during the heating process!
- Be sure to stir the chocolate chips into the cookie dough by hand.
- Store this edible cookie dough recipe for up to five days in the refrigerator.
- You can also freeze this dough for up to three months in an airtight container.
Calories: 272kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 3gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 111mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 521IUCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg