Apple Raisin Softies
A soft and flavorful cookie that incorporates the delicious tastes of apples, raisins, and walnuts - perfect for autumn baking.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup butter, softened, 1 ½ sticks
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ¾ cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 375.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
Beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixture on medium speed until blended.
Add the egg and continue to mix until blended.
Stir in the applesauce.
Add the flour mixture gradually, beating until well blended. Stir in the apples, walnuts and raisins.
Drop the dough by Tablespoonfuls about two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Gently flatten with the back of a spoon.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden.
Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- I used a Macintosh apple
- I used golden raisins instead or “regular”
- As the mixture is thick, stirring in the apples, walnuts and raisins can be difficult. It may be easier to use your hands and gently fold/knead in the ingredients.
- Depending on your oven, you may with to rotate the baking pans halfway through the cooking time.
Calories: 116kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 2gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 59mgPotassium: 65mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 129IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg