Christmas Sugar Cookies
It's the ultimate holiday indulgence! These Christmas Sugar Cookies are going to blow you away... they are fluffy, decadent, and oh-so-buttery.
- 4½ cups all purpose flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar to combine. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add vanilla and eggs. Mix until just combined.
Gradually fold dry mixture into wet mixture.
Scoop or roll into 1 ¼” balls (medium cookie scoop). Drop onto cookie sheet. Optional: press a glass into sugar and press each cookie.
Bake 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before frosting.
Beat butter until light and smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar.
Add milk until smooth.
Spread frosting onto cookies and add your favorite sprinkles, sugars and candies or use writing icing.
- Use parchment for easy cleanup.
- Use a cookie scoop for consistent cookie size.
- Store for up to three days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories: 307kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 2gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 70mgPotassium: 41mgFiber: 1gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 490IUCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg